| || || |
Auto & truck vehicle service contracts
Auto and truck vehicle service contract claims hotline: 800 643-9059
(Note: Not motorcycle and powersports)
Towing and emergency roadside assistance: 800 831-6870
Claims office hours: 8:00 am to5:00 pm M-F, central time.
(To report a claim or get additional contract information or information on your benefits.)
See below, How are claims handled? for an outline of the claims process, address and fax number.
Call the 24-hour toll free number at 800 831-6870 for service. Instructions for using roadside assistance.
About our vehicle service contracts
With the protection of a Zurich vehicle service contract, you pay only a small deductible for a covered repair.
Benefits to you:
Levels of coverage
- Flexible options for payment and level of coverage.
- Additional protection – a service contract covers parts and labor costs to repair or replace major component parts.
- Higher resale value – your vehicle service contract may be transferred to the next owner of your vehicle for a better sale price.
- Nationwide acceptance – you can have your vehicle repaired in your hometown or while you’re away from home with nationwide acceptance.
You can choose from four levels of coverage. (See your service contract for complete details of these coverages.) All four levels below include rental reimbursement, trip interruption, and towing and emergency roadside assistance. Coverage is for factory-installed parts.
Where to buy
We sell our vehicle service contracts only through participating auto dealers. Ask your dealer about it.
Where to get your vehicle repaired
You can take your vehicle to any dealership or state-licensed repair facility. They can call us to verify coverage. If our portion of the repairs costs more than your deductible we can pay the repair facility with our corporate credit card. That way the shop gets paid quickly.
How are claims handled? How does the work get approved and paid for?
It works like this:
- Return your vehicle to the place where you bought it, or –
- If that’s not possible, take it to a licensed repair facility and show them your Vehicle Service Contract.
- Authorize any charges needed to determine the cause of failure.
- The repair facility must call us with a diagnosis and receive an authorization for covered repairs. The number they call is 800 643-9059. (Should an emergency occur which requires a mechanical-breakdown repair be made at a time when our office is closed, you must call us no later than the next business day to determine if such repair will be covered by the contract.)
- Pay deductible and any non-covered expenses.
- Once repairs are completed, send a copy of the invoice/repair order to us by mail or fax here:
Mail to: Zurich, P. O. Box 7943, Shawnee Mission, KS 66207-0943
Fax to: 913 664-4100
You didn’t receive, or lost, your contract?
Call Customer Service toll free: 888 835-5063. (This number is not for claims.) Customer Service office hours: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. M-F, central time.
You have a vehicle service contract with us and want to sell the car?
You have two options:
If you are the original owner of the contract, you can add value to your car with a transfer of the contract to the new owner of the car. In order to transfer a contract, you must provide us with the following:
1. Copies of the receipts for required maintenance and servicing of your vehicle.
2. A notarized copy of the documentation evidencing change of the title and odometer reading at time of transfer.
3. A completed transfer form (pdf format).
4. A check made payable to Universal Underwriters Service Corporation in the amount of $50.
5. Mail to:
7045 College Blvd.
Overland Park, Kansas 66211
Note: Transferred contracts are non-cancelable. Transfer fee does not apply if originally purchased in NH.
If you want to cancel your vehicle service contract, contact the dealer where you purchased the vehicle. Information on the cancellation process is in section H of your Zurich booklet.
Note: Products may not be available in all states